Tuesday, August 23, 2016

RIP DARBY May 1998-August 18 2016

 
So sorry Darby we couldn't save you, Even though I was no longer riding and had not been to visit lately after giving him to my sister years ago, I'll Miss Darby with my heart and soul. I'll never forget the day you were born, or evening. I even helped pull the birth sack off your face and almost spent the night with you making sure all systems were go. You were a wonderful friend.
I don't have all the details but my sister says Colic/Impaction. For some reason Darby seemed prone to colic starting about 5 or 6 years ago. I guess his heart gave out.
 
RIP, I will see you again.
 
LM
 
Photo Credit,,,, myself, one Christmas morning years ago,. In Byram, MS where my sister and I leased a barn and pasture for 10 or more years.
 

1 comment:

The JR said...

awwwwwwwww, I know you are all heartbroken. It hurts so much to lose one of our equine babies.

OMG, how I still miss Fooler, Panama and Red Katie.

I'm so sorry.