Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Eastern Phoebe versus Ceiling fan,,, guess who won.

acutally, the broken blade was from a previous nest, and I've been looking at fans to replace this one, but havn't found just the right one. not sure how much good they do, so i could just take it down I suppose. but for now, it belongs to the Phoebe,,, for the second time this year, I waited and kept the kitties indoors for the babies to fly which they did a couple of weekends ago. I had bought wash for the siding and i had to wait for them to fly away. I wan'ted to wait another week, but mama is already building a new nest after i knocked down the empty one. SO, i squeezed in the wash between the laying of moss and such. odd nest, yes. SO the porch is looking better, although I ran out of wash, i wanted to test a small bottle, since it is supposed to be safer for critters and plants. dunno why i didn't take a picture of the wash job. I will have to finish up soon.
PS< yes the babies flew away safely, much to Silly Dilly distress, she gets mad at me when i keep her up.






1 comment:

The JR said...

Those look like the ones that were under the gooseneck part of my horse trailer. Was not as happy a story as yours.

Birds, butterflies and bee's all have hard lives.

I was putting up a socket on Ronny's shelf. A wren came out of a container and about gave me a heart attack yesterday.