Saturday, August 1, 2009

More Tomato Gravy


Hay People,


Ever since tomato season exploded this year, I've been experimenting with my tomato Gravy, (thanx Ramona)

once again early this morning, I "played" with a pot of TG.

NOT bad, but still needs a bit of something or just MORE of my spices. I'm always afraid of getting to much of one or other spice and ruining it. I've especially tried to cut back on salt, although i sure do love my sea salt.

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated!!

This batch has bacon, a touch of local honey, a bit of tomato paste added in with my own home grown tomatoes, which are now not near so prolific.

seeya,
PS, did I happen to mention , Orange is my fav color?

L.

2 comments:

The JR said...

looks good. love the plate too. sometimes I use black pepper and garlic powder. would never have thought to use honey.

Ramona

trailrider731 said...

hay hay Ramona, GOOD ole Wally World plates, but I like them, I'll have to try the garlic powder, I actually used Poultry seasoning since it has 3/4 spices in it and a pinch of rey Cayenne pepper along with the honey and of course Bacon bits and California style Onion powder.

thanx, seeya!!!
lynn