Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fig Trees and Fire ants


Ok, well this is supposed to be about the fire-ants that almost killed my fig tree this year, but the Mila Monster somehow managed to get included in the picture, LOL, this seems to happen fairly regular.
But really, I almost ignored that one fire ant bed too long and this tree just about didn't' survive this spring, but wow look at it now, there may not be many figs this year , but once I did away with the fire ants, it has rallied and looks decent.
Its actually from a rooting at my Mothers house, which I planted a couple years ago. I'm not much into eating figs, but I love the trees, and after reading WIVES with knives today I had to do a post on my poor mistreated fig tree, or is it MILA MONSTERS fig tree, I actually it planted on the South side of her kennel to throw shade and privacy on her kennel.

3 comments:

The JR said...

It looks like she ate all the figs. LOL. She hasn't missed many meals.
Ramona

Susie said...

I'm not a big fig eater either but that tree does look nice. Glad it came back for you after clearing out the ants.

Tootsie said...

I hate ants of any kind...no good comes when they are involved...I love your dog!!