Thursday, February 8, 2018

Clinton Rocks,,,

Literally ,,,

They now have a Facebook page, dedicated to painting and hiding rocks around Clinton, mostly in Ole Town and Nature center, etc. Started for the kids I think, but of course ADULTS have joined in and some of the rock painting is out of this world.
I've always collected rocks, so I may have to join in. I must since I have found and kept 3 myself.
I do plan on re hiding a couple of them when the time is right.

Re-hiding and painting is part of the laid back rules. If you find and keep, YOU SHOULD paint and hide even more.

Leave tips on Facebook as to where they may be hidden, especially some of the more elaborate rocks that a few reallly decent artist have painted and hidden. ALTHOUGH, not sure i would call all of them rocks, some are pavers, with whole scenes painted etc.

POST YOUR FINDS on Facebook, people love to see their rocks being shared and re-hidden.

OK, some of the painting , drawings are done with Oil Base sharpies, I think I am headed that direction. Just got to find some at a decent price.

I don't exactly live in Clinton now, a bit expensive, but I am just outside of Clinton and I DID GROW UP there, so I am going to participate.

several years ago, a friend of mine was painting masterpiece animals on rocks and i did do one and still have it, must add the picture to this post.

but for now, here are the 3 I have found. I haven't found any of the larger pieces but I haven't really tried either.

PS, WJTV even did a short clip with one of the local artist a couple weeks ago.






1 comment:

The JR said...

abandoned art is a big thing these days. I'm a member of one group and they leave anything from flower dolls, mosaics, jewelry to crochet or knit

I really thought I would like to do it too, but Crystal Springs is so small and I'm betting most people there don't have a way to post to a facebook page

Congrats on the finds.