Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Invasion of the Phoebes

 
Please take no notice of the fan that needs painting. DO notice the bird nest mostly built with lichens and moss by what i think is an Eastern Phoebe or some sort of flycatcher. I read the description, wagging tail ,check....nest of lichen,moss in eaves or porches,check, ,,,and others. KIND of resembles a Purple Martin in person but smaller and chubbier. A bit shy, hard to get a really good picture, but not too shy to take over a ceiling fan. It should be about time for them to hatch and move on so i can blow some wasp and mosquitos off the front porch. ANYONE want to correct me if i have it wrong, PLEASE DO!!!!!
 
PS, Ramona, I hope to be home with the babies leave the nest or maybe the kitties will be elsewhere.
 
 




1 comment:

The JR said...

I'm not sure, sounds good to me. I hate it when the birds nest on my porch because of the cats.

Good luck to them!