Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hibiscus days gone by.

hay , well here you have it, the Hibiscus that did make it thru last winter, I had my doubts and it didn't stay pretty for long, it looks really ick these days, Oh and the horse has a habit of changing colors fairly regular. While ORANGE is my fav, I think the Ballerina Pink before was kind of a neat color. THis patch is one of the gee, I'll just put it here for now till I decide where it needs to Live???????? I dug up a few of this and that, added a couple Hosta, in the back ground is some odd plants called Strawberry Bush, not for people consumption, but I think eventually the birds will like them, SOMEthing odd i found on Ebay but Native to the SOuth???? I'll have to get a close up of them another day. Poor Hibiscus, this was a post about them??? what happened???

3 comments:

The JR said...

They love water. But, they can also tolerate the heat and drought. Won't be a pretty, but should still live.

I like your horse.

Ramona

Susie said...

I love the hibiscus. It's one of my favorites.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I've read that if they can survive their first winter then they are here to stay.

Hibiscus don't survive the winter here. We had a beautiful hibiscus bush when we lived in N.O., it had beautiful salmon colored flowers.